10 Year Peace Of Mind
We pride ourselves on being able to offer excellent quality furniture sourced from the most popular brands and highly respected furniture manufacturers. That’s why our furniture products are covered for an outstanding 10 years on key components, and other parts covered for a minimum of 1 year against manufacturing defects.
This does not include usual wear and tear, misuse, improper care or accidental damage. Please refer to the AHF Care Guide for details on how to take proper care of your new furniture. We recommend additional accidental damage warranty cover which is available to purchase in-store, ask a member of staff for details.
- 10 year cover for frames, springs, webbing, recliner mechanisms and motors
- 2 year cover for covers and stitching
- 10 year cover for divan bases, bed frames, mattress springs, adjustable divan mechanisms, motors and electrics
- 1 year cover for mattress fillings, divan drawers and ottoman divan mechanisms
Dining, Bedrooms and Occasional
- 10 year cover for handles, hinges, interior fittings, drawer runners and table extension mechanisms
- 1 year cover for timbers, veneers, structural stability and joints
How to make a claim
To make a claim please contact our After Sales Team on 01733 336222, or by email at email@example.com, and we will arrange for one of our specialist technicians to inspect the furniture and if the fault is deemed to be a manufacturing defect then the technician will complete the necessary repairs. You may be requested to provide photographic evidence prior to the visit which will help us to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
If a repair cannot be completed on the first visit, the technician will order the necessary parts and return at a later date to complete the repair. Any repairs or parts that may be required will be provided free of charge. When a repair is not possible, AHF will look to make an alternative offer to try and resolve the issue. All offers are made at the discretion of AHF and may be subject to a usage fee. You will be required to provide your sales invoice number to make a claim.