UPDATED: WEDNESDAY 10TH JUNE 2020
After consultation with a Trading Standards Agent we have been instructed that there is no reasons why we can't open due to the Health Protection's Update.
Update 15/05/2020: Covid19 - Please be aware that the Heath Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions - England) Regulations 2020, Schedule 2 Part 3 Para 28 states "Homeware", Building supplies and Hardware stores are permitted to trade.
We have received confirmation that furniture comes under the definition of homeware,
We have reopened all of our stores!
Following new government guidance see here. Homeware is now on the list of exempted sectors of the lock down, this means we are now able to open our stores.
To help keep everybody safe, we’ve launched a wide range of safe shopping measures including 2 meter social distancing and limiting store numbers to give everyone plenty of space to browse. We’ve also introduced enhanced in-store cleaning and disinfecting routines, added hand sanitising stations, and supplied all our staff with personal hand sanitiser, which they will use before interacting with any customer.
We are now also offering appointments in these 10 stores with a dedicated out of hours appointments, which means you can have the store to yourself and enjoy trying out your favourite sofas, dining sets and beds with the undivided attention of your own personal furniture expert. Find your local store to book an appointment.
- Can I Cancel my order?
As all of our orders are handmade and bespoke for you, we will not be accepting any cancellations of purchases made in stores prior to lockdpwn.
Please do not contact our Customer Service team as they will not be able to process any cancellation requests.
We are currently operating with shadow staff, once lockdown ends we will contact you with a delivery date and have already made plans to ensure we can deliver your order as soon as possible after our return to work.
We will look after your furniture until you are able to receive it, or we are able to deliver it.
There will be no hidden storage charges and no additional delivery costs.
These are difficult times for everyone, and we accept that some things are simply outside of our control
- I was expecting an estimation visit. What should I do?
All appointments for carpeting surveys, or visits from one of our furniture specialists scheduled up to the 14th April 2020 have had to be cancelled. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and never want to let our customers down but in this instance we have had no choice. We will be contacting all our customers to give an update by e-mail, text or telephone call.
- What will happen to the furniture I have ordered if I can't receive it now?
We will look after your furniture until you are able to receive it, or we are able to deliver it. We will contact you with a delivery date and have already made plans to ensure we can deliver your order as soon as possible after our return to work. There will be no hidden storage charges and no additional delivery costs. These are difficult times for everyone, and we accept that some things are simply outside of our control..
- I need to pay the outstanding balance on my order. What should I do?
- You can call one of our Sales Advisors on 0800 254 0900 to pay any outstanding balance.
- I'm worried I might not be able to keep up my finance payments, is there anything you can do?
- We understand the current situation means some customers face uncertainty about their finances. If you’ve already taken delivery of your order then please contact your finance provider to discuss the options available to you. Alternatively, if you are still awaiting delivery and wish to discuss our available finance options, please get in touch: 0800 254 0900.
- Can I still order furniture online?
Yes. All products, and many more, that are on display in our stores are available for immediate purchase online. As a lot of people will be at home in the coming months’ we would like to help make this time as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, so we are now offering Massive Savings including 50% off and Buy Now, Pay Later.
You can order online, or through our Sales phone line: 0800 254 0900
We also have a Live Chat service open from 9am-8pm where you can receive all the expert advice you need without having to make face to face contact
- What are AHF doing to help keyworkers?
- To show our great appreciation for their heroic efforts, we are offering all keyworkers an extra 20% off when you shop online with presentation of a valid form of ID, or if you call our Order number: 0800 254 0900 We will also offer flexible delivery wherever possible.
- If I order online now, will AHF still deliver my furniture?
- Yes, but unfortunately, we cannot confirm a delivery date at this time. As a responsible business AHF are taking all necessary steps to join the nation’s fight against Covid-19 and adhere to government guidelines. We have already planned our return to work to ensure any orders taken now are delivered as a matter of priority. With deliveries recommence we continue to safeguard our employees and customers and maintain our protective precautions in line with the latest government advice.
- Can I still receive my delivery if I am self-isolating?
Unfortunately, we cannot deliver or visit while you are self-isolating. I’m sure you understand this is simply not possible as the health and safety of our employees and customers is our top priority. However, we will stay in touch and arrange a time to deliver as soon as it’s safe to do so. We will look after your furniture until you are able to receive it safely.
- I have a problem with my furniture, is your Customer service team still working?
- Unfortunately not. This was not an easy decision, but we must prioritise the health and wellbeing of all of our staff and commit to the government guidelines to stay at home. Rest assured; we will be immediately attending to any issues raised on our return to work.
- What precautions are your delivery and service manager teams making to help stop the spread of Coronovirus?
We are encouraging all employees to follow public health guidelines and take sensible precautions. This include practicing the recommended hand hygiene routines; stepping up the cleaning processes of our stores, and warehouses; minimising contact with surfaces; politely declining drinks, and avoiding shaking hands or making close contact with each other and our customers.
Our delivery drivers are equipped with sanitising gel which they use before shift and in between each delivery, along with face masks, disposable gloves if required, and we have been declining deliveries to anyone who is self-isolating.
Like everyone else, we hope normality will resume as quickly as possible but until then we will do our best to serve you and your needs, whilst keeping you up to date of any changes. We thank you for your continued loyalty and support in these difficult times, and hope that you stay safe and look after yourself and your loved ones.
The AHF Team